Grand Canyon Education
University Counseling Manager - Online Division
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking an Online University Counseling Manager for the College of Business. This individual will be responsible for managing daily operations 10-12 University Counselors.
- Devises strategies to generate increased student applications.
- Coaches and develops university counselors to consistently meet and exceed expectations.
- Manage and appraise internal metrics for performance tracking, providing coaching and training to enhance individual performance.
- Provide weekly reports and projections to management.
- Planning, assigning and directing daily, weekly and monthly activities including enrollment, customer service, etc.
- Work closely with cross functional and support departments to update student information and to resolve student issues.
- Adhere to all University and/or Department Of Education policies, procedures and compliance guidelines.
- A bachelors degree or 5 years of related experience with a minimum of 60 college credits completed and progressing toward an undergraduate degree.
- Self-direction and intrinsic passion for student success and employee development.
- The ability to comprehend facts and relay information to students and employees.
- Superior customer service skills along with ability to represent the GCU brand in a highly professional manner.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable with navigating and maneuvering other databases and software becoming proficient with GCU systems within a short period of time.
- Excellent communications with a good command of the English language and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade.
- The ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with constant phone contact with students on a daily basis.
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking, case-management and follow up skills.
- Good attention to detail and analytical.
- Good time management skills in order to meet required timelines.
- Prior experience within the particular division/program area preferred.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Starting Salary: $75,000 a year
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.