Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Vendor Auditor II
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Vendor Auditor is responsible for assisting with management of vendor relationships, in some business relationships serving as the organizations point of contact in obtaining and reviewing Vendor documents and agreements. The Vendor Auditor monitors the work of each vendor to ensure that they are operating within an acceptable risk level within the organizations threshold and per the terms of the service agreement. This role is expected to identify vendor risk levels, control gaps, trends and overall needs for improvement. The role relies heavily on time management skills and will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Runs basic reports to identify outstanding tasks and questionnaires
Implementation and coordination of new vendor services
Ongoing monitoring reviews and risk assessments
Tracking of time-sensitive data
Verification of vendor data
Coordination of vendor meetings
Review of simple invoices submitted by vendors including approval or hold for disposition decisions.
Customer service and departmental support.
Tracking, management and maintenance of vendor issues.
Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
2-3 Years of Mortgage or financial industry experience.
Four-year degree from an accredited institution is preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Strong organization and time management skills
Technology skills and experience with SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and/or Vendor Management System
Report preparation skills, including analysis of cost and other financial-related information
Experience with legal documents pertaining to contracts
Excellent attention to detail, process and structure
Ability to build relationships with external vendors and internal customers
Good verbal and written communication skills
Working knowledge of mortgage industry
Ability to work positively in a team-oriented setting
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.