Boca Raton, FL
Vice President of Roofing
Vice President of Roofing - Private Sector - BlueTeam
***Location Preference is South Florida***
BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the worlds premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
BlueTeam is seeking a Vice President of Roofing to become an integral part of the Roofing Division. The Vice President of Roofing is responsible for overseeing daily operations, managing procedures, and leading the field operations teams while developing strategic plans based on revenue goals. The Vice President will manage day-to-day operations, as well as the financial well-being of all division projects. The Vice President of Roofing will train, coach, motivate and lead all team members to meet all revenue and customer service goals. The Vice President of Roofing is expected to instill the best practices across all lines of roofing and, where feasible, into the disaster recovery side as well.
What youll do....
- Responsible for direct communication with staff, management, customers, and vendors
- Reach new territories to open and build operations and sales teams
- Oversees the hiring of project managers, writing and reviewing contracts, and helping design construction plans
- Monitor overall division performance to proactively identify and improve efficiency and implement solutions
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors
- Support daily operations through processing documents, recording information, importing/entering data, and maintaining records while complying with department policies and procedures
- Coordinate and communicate with Executive staff, Recruiters, and Department Managers on hiring needs
- Implement, in partnership with Human Resources, new hire orientation and performance management planning
- Create and implement a successful vision for planning, budgeting, and execution of roofing projects with clear and cohesive goals and KPIs
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems, complete audits; identify trends
- Focus on strategic planning, team building and execution of plans
- Ensure employee development and retention by coaching, training, and mentoring team members
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures
- Inspect ongoing projects to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to project timeline
- Identify and assess new product and marketing opportunities
- Develop plan/strategy and coordinate implementation with internal and external resources to ensure product is visible and well promoted in the marketplace
What youll need...
- 10+ years of experience working in commercial roofing construction
- 10+ years in managerial/operations for a roofing contractor
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Must be able to travel 40% of the time
- Extremely knowledgeable in commercial roofing industry
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability
- Understands project cost and profitability relationship
- Must be available and reachable on short notice and during all designated work hours
- Capable of leading an operations team re-roofing, new roofing, service and maintenance
- High level of knowledge regarding roofing safety protocol and requirements
- Maintain a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment as you perform responsibilities
- Experience in material and equipment procurement on a large scale
- Must be able to walk all jobsites including adverse conditions
What youll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).