The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
North Las Vegas, NV, United States
Vocational Services Front Desk Clerk
Location: The Salvation Army – Owens Campus
Status: Non-Exempt – Part Time
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army Owens campus in Las Vegas is looking to fill a Front Desk Clerk position. The successful candidate for this position will be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, have the ability to use all forms of office equipment and have the ability to work in a team.
The Front Desk Clerk will answer incoming calls directing them to proper staff or take messages as necessary. This person will meet and greet visitors directing them appropriately, and maintain the visitor log. This position will monitor security cameras and assist with opening, sorting and distribution of mail.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Computer literacy – to include competence in the following Microsoft applications: word processing, spreadsheets, email and the internet
- Ability to use all forms of office equipment e.g. computer, copier, FAX
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Detail oriented; organization and file management skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Ability to work varying shifts
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.