Jupiter Consolidated Group
VOICE AND DATA FIBER TECHNICIAN
Denver, Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 1311
$17.0000 Hourly Onwards
Low Voltage Fiber Technician
Starting Pay Rate: $18 per hour
- Participates in site manpower planning as required; manages material and labor through job completion; supervises projects as assigned by management; Help set daily goals for crews and report back to management about those goals
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of cabling standards, project leadership and ability to delegate, supervise and direct the work of 5+ technicians
- Responsible for all LINX project related asset management and asset tracking
- Utilize computer skills to prepare required reports and communications
- Read and understand blueprint
- Performs work within time parameters; ensure compliance with all HR, Safety, and company policies and procedures
- Ensures that all technical, quality, profitability objectives are met while maintaining top level customer satisfaction
- Account coordination responsibility including customer interaction,
- Understanding of project planning and LINX Project Delivery Processes
- Strong communication skills (written & oral); time sheet efficiency & accuracy
- Creates & coordinates status reports; actively communicates with customer and Project Managers
- Demonstrates ability to exceed customer expectations
- Must be able to work on ladders and use power tools; be able to use power actuated Hilti Gun, hammer drill, band saw, drills, etc.
- Ability to lift/carry/setup a 50 pound box or ladder.
- Must own low voltage tools, snips, cable strippers, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift and overtime as needed; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Should be able terminate jacks, dress and terminate patch panels, 66 & 110 blocks, know the 568a and 568B color codes, be able to use and test Fluke testers, install switches, routers, modems, wireless access points, trouble shoot voice and data issues, work with COAX, RG6, RG11, RG59 and Category cables, build out closets, be able to use power actuated Hilti Gun, hammer drill, band saw, drills,
- Must pass 7 year criminal background check and must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and current automobile insurance.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; associate’s or technical degree a plus.
Also, a plus: BICSI RCDD, Technician, or Installation Certification; OSHA 10, Powder Actuated tools Certification; Confined Space Certification; CPR or first aid certified; manufacturers certifications for Installation and Maintenance.
Attractive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance and more.
LINX LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. LINX LLC actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.
Equal Opportunity Employer