Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.Pay Range
$70. 00 - $86.53/hrFlourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Reporting to the Senior VP and Chief Values Integration Officer, the Vice President, Ethics provides leadership to assure the strategic and operational integration of ethics as a core, enterprise-wide, business discipline. This leader is a member of the Enterprise Mission Group based in Centennial, Colorado and serves building systems and structures to ensure integrity in Centura Health's identity as a mission-based, ministry-driven organization.
The Vice President, Ethics serves a key role in shaping a culture grounded in Centura Health's core values of Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Spirituality, Stewardship, Imagination, and Excellence and expressed in spirituality reflective of the heritage and faith traditions on which Centura Health was founded. The Vice President, Ethics is responsible for providing leadership in the discipline of ethics for the Board, Enterprise and Group management, physicians and staffs, and to ethics committees throughout the organization. Additionally, the Vice President, Ethics will collaborate in the development of new ministries.
Important to this role is understanding the leadership expectations of this position and the entire leadership team throughout Centura Health. The Vice President, Ethics must have a personal and professional connection to the Mission of our Christian organization. This position must be a team player themselves and contribute toward a Team centered approach that lends itself to ensuring "team before self" as we lead our complex, highly matrixed organization into the differentiated leading role as THE system of choice. This position will invite others into their Mission and Community Health work to be fully Transparent with the activities of this position, allowing for celebration of success and learnings through opportunities for change. This position will be a change agent for the health system by being bold in our thoughts and actions that generate the need for Urgency as we forge ahead as the thought leader in our industry. Finally, the individual must demonstrate personal and professional Accountability to our community, associates, physicians, and sponsors for performance that this position and its team complete.
This position may be eligible for sign-on bonus and/or relocation assistance.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Candidates must be of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) faith tradition.
- Master's degree and formal education in Bioethics or Christian Ethics required, Doctoral degree highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Christian scripture, Catholic and Adventist moral tradition and Social Teaching, the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services and health care ethics is required.
- Experience as an educator or facilitator practicing adult learning principles and in ethics committees and ethical discernment processes is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in a fast-paced, transformative Christian ministry having clearly demonstrated a combination of vision and energy with a solid track record of integrating ethics.
- Familiar with a diversity of spiritualities and religions; the wisdom and ability to work effectively within church relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively, garner support and trust, manage conflicts and champion initiatives related to ethics across a broad, highly-matrixed, and complex organization.
- Effective, energizing and persuasive public speaking ability.
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 21,000 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight for Life Colorado, we are making the region's best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. Formed in 1996 by sponsors Adventist Health System and Catholic Health Initiatives, our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people in our communities. Centura Health is more than a great place to work - it's a place where our core Values of Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Spirituality, Stewardship, Imagination and Excellence are demonstrated daily in everything we do.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!