VP, MinuteClinic Business Development & Operations
As the VP, Business Development & Operations Leader for MinuteClinic, you will be an integral member of the MinuteClinic (MC) senior leadership, and will be directly responsible for leading all of the business aspects of operating an efficient and evolving national ambulatory care practice. In collaboration with MC executive leaders, you will coordinate and direct the planning and execution of the MC portfolio of strategic initiatives related to growth, business development, innovation, and workforce management to ensure long-term financial strength and profitability.
This position will lead the operations teams that are responsible for supporting the providers, our patients, and all aspects of the MC operating model. You will participate in the development and execution of the annual revenue and expense budget and capital budget processes. You will drive and support the achievement of operational and financial goals through facilitation of practice growth, clinic expansion, and continuous process improvement, all in partnership with the CMO, CNPO, VP of Clinical Services and other MC leaders.
This role will be instrumental in partnering with many CVS Health shared services areas to develop and implement new technologies and tools that positively impact our patients and overall business performance. You will work with colleagues across pharmacy, retail, the PBM, healthcare business and other clinical programs to identify and cultivate creative partnerships in support of enterprise initiatives and growth opportunities. You will facilitate relationships with businesses, employers, health plans and health provider organizations to enhance access to MC and CVS Health services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* You will lead the growth and business development strategy and implementation of the growth portfolio.
* In collaboration with the SVP, President of MinuteClinic, and MC executive team, you will lead the development and partner on the execution of the strategic plan which clearly articulates a detailed portfolio of initiatives to meet growth targets, budget goals and enterprise EBIT contributions
* Oversee innovation funnel and processes for reviewing new business ideas/products and evaluating feasibility
* Oversee vaccination programs to meet established volume targets
* Serve as the executive MC co-sponsor with the enterprise Clinical Trial Services and guide MC trials administration
* Lead the development of distribution channel strategies to promote MinuteClinic services and/or incorporate MC services into new products to realize growth goals
* Direct a team focused on organic growth through local practice development and leveraging local relationships to realize growth goals
* Oversee B2B client management and support of offerings for CVS Health colleagues through partnerships with the appropriate CVS leaders to realize growth goals
In addition, your role leads and directs the following key areas: clinic operations and support, the billing and medical call centers, front-end revenue cycle and coding, IT development, workforce management and provider scheduling. Below are the main areas of operational responsibility:
* Set strategic direction and budget development and management for teams you are accountable for
* Lead the establishment and delivery of annual goals that include continuous process improvements related to practice operations, provider care delivery and patient experience
* Support the field and practices through the oversight of environment of care maintenance, vendor relations, inventory management, logistics, med/surg supplies and equipment and point of care testing procedures to effectively support care delivery
* Manage front end revenue cycle areas of payer and provider enrollment, credentialing, coding and HIM to expedite new hires, decrease bad debt and ensure compliance with regulations
* Lead efforts regarding the overall patient experience, including the billing and patient contact centers and the customer experience issue escalation process to ensure NPS scores are maintained and/or increased
* Direct the IT business development team that works with clinical leaders to identify EPIC, kiosk and IT solutions to support efficient clinical care, new models of care and improved patient access
* Partner with CVS shared services leaders to deliver services and initiatives in the following areas:
* Digital to identify and deliver tools to improve access to MC for our patients and grow volume
* IT to design and implement solutions to increase efficiency and safety in care delivery through automation. Ensure traditional maintenance and issue resolution of our IT systems, including EPIC, software and hardware, is conducted without negative impact to our care delivery
* Enterprise analytics to identify and design reports and tools to analyze data and present results to support business evaluation and planning
* Finance team managing 3rd party claim vendor and overall revenue collections to improve cost to collect, time to collect, decrease patient bad debt and overall collections
MinuteClinic and CVS Health is a highly matrixed organization which will require strong relationship building and effective partnerships. Strategic imperatives are shared across MC leadership and the development of effective implementation plans will require buy-in and cross functional support from field, care delivery, clinical, and payor leaders.
Remote location - Work from home
* 10+ years of executive leadership experience within a healthcare provider organization.
* Diverse experience in Ambulatory/Retail care delivery operations
* Minimum of 10 years of operational leadership experience in an organization with minimum of $500M in revenue.
* Experience in leading continuous process improvement and goal setting
* Extensive previous experience with financial planning (budgeting, modeling, analysis, etc) and analytics.
* Experience developing and managing budgets in excess of $500M.
* Experience leading and development teams of 100+ people.
* Medical revenue cycle operations experience
* Strategic Planning Experience
Bachelor's degree required
Master's degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.