Warehouse Associate I Kendall, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp, Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client in need of a Warehouse Associate to work at a hospital located in the Kendall, FL area. Shift is 4:00 am – 2:30 pm. Previous warehouse experience required. Automated or RF (Radio Frequency) warehouse experience beneficial. Effective verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus and positive attitude required. Material Handling Equipment training, testing and certification must be attained within the first 90 days of employment. Must be detail oriented, quality focused, self-motivated and work in a team oriented environment. Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting established distribution quotas and standards. Ability to work in non-climate controlled environments required. Use of common office equipment and basic computer skills required. Responsible for performing a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. May include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products with prescribed service parameters to a variety of internal and external customers. Also includes duties to retrieve, transport and maintain health system records and documents in accordance with policy, legal, financial, governmental, and historical requirements
- Demonstrates material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills. Material handling equipment certification required.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills while using voice-to-pick equipment to complete processing of medical supply orders.
- Participates in process improvement efforts and attainment of departmental goals through suggestions, ideas and work habits. Promotes open and effective two-way communication with Leadership personnel and co-workers.
- Performs housekeeping, inventory control, clean work environment maintenance and complies with all QRA/EHS and safety requirements.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of terminology, policies and procedures associated with document retention. Retrieves records and documents as requested by entities and individuals within the health system. Catalogs and stores records and documents per established guidelines. Maintains inventory and other records associated with retention and destruction of health system documents.
- Maintains technical competence through participation in educational offerings. Uses computer applications effectively in daily work.
- Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations. Engages in proactive customer service-oriented communications with all customers and coworkers.
- Unloads trucks while accurately breaking down and stocking freight in accordance with QRA standards and local procedures.
- Demonstrates working knowledge or proficiency in two or more assigned warehouse operations functions within areas of responsibility.
- Processes orders while accurately picking, checking, sorting, and consolidating freight, wrapping pallets, packing, loading, and shipment confirmation of customer orders.
- Assists new Supply Chain staff with Supply Chain processes, protocols, and procedures.
- Maintains work areas and equipment such as lounge, carts, electrical equipment, in a neat and presentable manner.
- Serves as a role model to other employees through work habits, demeanor and behavior. Able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of daily work.
- Provides clerical support including telephone and email requests. Answers telephone in a pleasant and cordial manner, identifying name and department.
- Stores and delivers materials being mindful of stock description, unit of measure, expiration dates, and appropriate storage guidelines.
- Transports materials following expected safety and infection control standards and practices. Covers materials not contained in boxes during transport.
- Assists in the maintenance and accuracy of inventory and other supplies to include such actions as participation in routine cycle counting, accuracy with units of issue, credits and debits to inventory, annual inventory and readjustments to re-order points, as necessary or appropriate.
- Stores materials and carts in appropriate storage location without violating safety standards or regulatory agency guidelines.
- Is responsive to service requests and service recovery. Uses critical thinking skills to handle accordingly, assuring that requests or concerns are completed and/or addressed in a timely manner.
- Engages in proactive customer service-oriented communications with all customers and coworkers.
Shift is 4:00 am – 2:30 pm
Applicants will work at our client's facility located at Kendall, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.