Warehouse Operations Supervisor - 1st Shift
As the Warehouse Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in CVS Healths distribution facility. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within the distribution center. Additionally, it will include order selection, replenishment, loading, and shipping of store orders. As the Logistics Supervisor, you will also responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
Additional responsibilities of our Warehouse Operations Supervisor:
- Hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, and assigning work to new hires.
- Ensuring employees have the necessary equipment, materials, and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks
- Monitoring and adjusting resources to achieve daily production and delivery goals.
- Balancing workloads by taking readings throughout the day to achieve the appropriate level of volume by the projected time of completion.
- Monitoring the work performance of each employee to ensure that quality and quantity expectations are met or exceeded
- Conducting staff meetings and verifying that daily worksheets are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis
- Providing ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for their function
- Utilizing a variety of reports, summaries, and procedures to project workload and resolve problems that arise during the workday
- Communicate effectively across all levels
- Analyzing information effectively to make sound business decisions
- Build high performing teams while engaging and inspiring colleagues
2+ years of leadership experience
Knowledge of WMS
- Familiarity with labor-management standards.
- Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma knowledge
- Experience in a Distribution center
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.