Warehouse Utility - Morrison Supply Co.
- Assist all customers in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Verify all loads to ensure full and accurate customer deliveries
- Deliver material to customer sites in a safe and timely manner, including unloading of material at the designated location
- Engage with customers at delivery location to ensure satisfaction with order fulfillment and material quality. Address customer issues independently or in conjunction with branch associates as required
- Pull and prepare orders, including counter fulfillment or staging for shipment. Assure product is properly and safely stacked and organized on pallets
- Load shipments on branch or customer trucks and verify all loads to ensure full and accurate deliveries
- Receive, verify, stage and stock/inventory all incoming material
- Assist with product returns, including product inspection, restock/re-inventory, disposal, etc.
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. Will assist in counting of physical inventory per company and branch procedures
- Prepare packages for shipment via UPS/FedEx and common motor freight carrier
- Ensure warehouse, dock, and parking lot areas are maintained and clean
- Successfully complete all assigned training within given timeframe
- Operate vehicle safely in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Ensure security of load before and throughout delivery
- Conduct pre and post-delivery vehicle inspections, document on DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report), and report any concerns to branch management
- Understand and abide by all DOT regulations and standards
- Obtain and maintain valid DOT Physical certification
- Safely utilize PIT (power industrial trucks) equipment (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach Truck etc.) to pull and move product throughout the warehouse. May be required to use RF scanner depending on branch operating system
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Participate in monthly safety meetings
Perform other duties as assigned
- Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Placing a high priority on the internal or external customers perspective when making decisions and acting; implementing service practices that meet the customers and own organizations needs.
- Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information
- Choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions
- Taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those metrics.
- Effectively managing ones time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed
- Showing concern for all aspects of the job
- Accurately checking processes and tasks
- Being watchful over a period of time
- Identifying and improving conditions that affect own and others safety
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas
- Keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Leveraging expert knowledge to accomplish results
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to lift to 75 pounds, stand/walk for up to 8 hours a day and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Must have and maintain at a minimum a valid Class C license
- Maintain a clean background and driving record
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Previous experience in a Driver role
- Previous experience using PIT equipment; current forklift certification is an asset
- Previous experience with an ERP system (i.e. Eclipse, Mincron)
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. Were also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer