Penske Union City
Union City, CA, United States
Warehouse Worker / Order Selector - $1500 Sign-On Bonus
Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Workers to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Penske takes pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits, including:
• Shift Premium
• Performance Incentives
• Attendance Bonus
• Paid Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Program
• Cash Balance program
• Life Insurance
• Associate Referral Program
• Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
• Accurately pick products by matching numbers and products using voice audio headset.
• Hand stack cases of product weighing 50+ pounds repetitively from floor to over-head.
• Place the beverage products in a defined stacking pattern onto the pallet.
• Hand shrink wrap orders with label and move completed order to the loading dock area using rider electronic pallet jack.
• Operate rider pallet jack equipment to build pallets.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Sunday–Wednesday, 3pm–1am
• Thursday–Saturday, 3pm–3am
• Base pay: $19.08/hr
• Pay Differential: $1.06/hr
• Performance incentive: $3/hr for the first 90 days
• Sign-On Bonus: $1500
• At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Ability to work in a climate -cold- controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., machinery alarms, medical codes or alarms).
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• Must be able to work in a cold storage facility in temperatures ranging from 34° F to 55° F.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.