Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Water Operator I to work in the Water Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in joining a team oriented atmosphere in the water distribution field. Position will include operation and maintenance of the public water distribution system including system troubleshooting and repairs.
Hiring Range: $20.24 - $24.80
Normal Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm; on-call required
- Maintains, services, and repairs water distribution system components including water mains, ARV/PRV equipment, fire hydrants, valves, backflow preventer and water metering equipment.
- Review system maps and as built plans and Perform assigned blue stakes.
- Assist in the installation of water distribution components including water mains, fire hydrants, meters, and valves.
- Respond to emergency repair of systems as needed.
- Performs various skilled and semi-skilled plumbing, fabrication, operating heavy equipment, and basic hand tools
- Respond to customer service activities including meter reads, water audits, pressure concerns, and leak investigations.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies, parts and equipment used in water service maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of additional education or training
- Over six months of experience in operation and maintenance of water distribution systems or closely related field
- Must have ADEQ Grade 1 Water Distribution System Operator Certification (or ability to obtain within one year of hire date)
- Must have a valid Arizona Driver License and pass a motor vehicle record check
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on November 24, 2021.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph. (520) 382-1900 / fax (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.