Town of Marana
Water Quality Technician
UPDATED Hiring Range 12.8.21
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a highly motivated Water Quality Technician to join the water quality team in the Water Department. The selected candidate will be responsible in performing technical duties in the inspection, testing, sampling and monitoring of the water treatment and distribution water systems for process control and to ensure compliance with federal and state mandated requirements.
Hiring Range: $21.86 - $26.78
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday / 7:00 am - 3:30 pm / on-call rotation required
- Maintains, services and repairs water treatment, production and disinfection equipment; Performs preventative maintenance on water treatment systems.
- Operates electrical and SCADA systems at water treatment and production facilities.
- Assists in regulatory compliance on current water quality regulations, sampling and backflow prevention; pending changes and reporting on the potential impact of those changes.
- Assists in updating sampling plans, SOP's, and documents required by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) and other regulatory agencies.
- Plans sampling events and maintains working relationships with laboratories.
- Utilizes, maintains, and submits databases/reports for water quality and backflow data to regulatory agencies; review and interprets laboratory analysis.
- High school diploma or equivalency plus six months of training/education past the high school equivalency
- Over three years of experience in water treatment or water quality sampling, field testing, disinfection monitoring, or closely related field.
- ADEQ Grade I Water Distribution Certification
- ADEQ Grade II Water Distribution Certification or ability to obtain within one year of hire
- ADEQ Grade I Water Treatment Certification or ability to obtain within one year of hire
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test and a respirator questionnaire
- Valid Arizona driver license
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background checks (motor vehicle/criminal)
- ADEQ Grade III Water Distribution Certification
- ADEQ Grade II Water Treatment Certification or higher
- College coursework in biology, hydrology, geology, chemistry, microbiology, or engineering.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on November 23, 2021.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / email@example.com
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.