The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking an Operations and Maintenance Supervisor in its Water Systems Department. The District recently constructed a 50 million dollar treatment addition that utilizes innovative pellet seed technology for reducing hardness in the Districts water. The Klein Water Treatment Facility is rated as a State of Colorado Class A facility.
We are searching for a candidate that is ready to take the Water Treatment Division in an exciting new chapter with state-of-the-art treatment technology. The incumbent will be responsible for setting treatment objectives for the Water Treatment team and actively participating on new infrastructure projects and leadership initiatives. SACWSD is seeking a qualified individual to further advance our innovation as a leader in the water sector.
This position leads and supervises the operation and maintenance of the Districts groundwater supply system, water treatment facilities including granular activated carbon for organics and pellet seed for calcium reduction, pump stations and water transmission systems by:
- Directly supervises, leads, mentors, assigns and schedules plant personnel
- Evaluates, develops, maintains and continually improves the water supply systems
- Oversees routine and emergency operations and maintenance
- Acts as the Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC), per CDPHE regulations
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum Colorado Class A Water Operator and Class 4 Distribution Systems Certification or similar out-of-state certification that is equivalent to Colorado requirements. Reciprocity of certification must be completed within 6 months of hiring date.
- Minimum six (6) years water, or related industry operations experience
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership providing training, mentoring and constructive feedback
- Expert knowledge of water system equipment, controls, water treatment methods, and regulations
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office products, asset management software, and SCADA technology
Must be able to lift 40 lbs. occasionally and work in a variety of facilities, temperatures and weather conditions.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
The District offers a competitive salary and benefit package including 100% paid medical/dental premium with wellness goals met; vision; life/disability; money purchase pension plan; 457 savings plan; paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; Employee Assistance Plan, pet insurance; discount partners and uniform allowance.
Salary Range: $82,140-$123,200 annualized
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume/cover letter