Town of Marana
Water Technology Support Specialist II (SCADA)
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Water Technology Support Specialist II to work in the Water Department. The planning and installation of infrastructure to support the Town's rapid growth is critical to the department's current and future operations. This position will assist the SCADA Administrator in providing technical support for the Water and Water Reclamation divisions' SCADA system and other software and hardware.
Hiring Range: $23.83 - $29.20/hour
- Assists in system analysis, troubleshooting, network configuration and planning of the Department's new and existing SCADA system, telemetry system and other technology utilized by the Department.
- Provides end users with support and training by ensuring all issues are addressed and seen thru resolution; and provides training on new and existing SCADA applications and network systems.
- Participates in the development of specifications, standardization, and planning of industrial control systems to meet current and future needs of Marana water and wastewater utility.
- Researches, develops, tests, evaluates, and installs, new control system programming code, instruments, and SCADA software applications, telemetry equipment, and radio/communications devices.
- 24/7 on call status.
- Associate's degree in Electronics, Computer Technology or closely related field.
- Over one year experience in control systems, system automation, network operations, or a closely related field.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Ability to pass both of the Town of Marana background checks (motor vehicle/criminal)
- Over two years of experience working with water and wastewater SCADA systems
- Experience with Win-911 and Rockwell Automation systems
- ADEQ Operator Water and/or Wastewater Operator Certifications
- Intermediate to advanced PLC programming skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Rockwell Automation PlantPAx PLC/HMI.
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley Stratix switches.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on December 13, 2021.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.