Lincoln Property Company
Virginia Beach, VA
We're Hiring Groundskeeper For The Summer Positions! Apply Today!
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working along side a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
Have some free time over the summer?
We're Hiring Groundskeepers For the Summer - Apply Today!
A Day in the Life of a Summer Groundskeeper:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Summer Groundskeeper, you will perform routine cleaning and upkeep of grounds, buildings, amenities and surrounding areas in a multifamily residential community. Operates tools, machinery and other equipment to complete tasks in an efficient manner. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standards.
A Groundskeeper's responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of grounds, amenities, building exteriors district office, pool and recreation areas, parking lots and other areas surrounding the community.
- Remove trash from grounds, office areas, homes and surrounding community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Details interior and exterior areas on a regular basis using general cleaning tools and equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, rake or blower to keep entry areas, sidewalks, streets and walking areas clean of debris, dust, leaves and brush).
- Assist in the preparation of make ready units including removal of trash from vacant homes (trash outs), and general cleaning prior to make-ready.
- Assists with various physical tasks as directed; carrying and removal of abandoned furniture, tools, appliances, and other equipment.
- Helps clean and maintain storage and shop areas.
- Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
- Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to management.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades.
What A Groundskeeper Needs for Success:
- Beginning level understanding of grounds maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and cleaning equipment applicable to job requirements.
- Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required)
- Basic computer skills preferred. (PC / mobile device)
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
- May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
- Must be able to work the entire 8-12 week program
- Must have a valid driver's license