National City, CA
Weatherization Specialist III-Temporary(90 Days)
|Department:||Health Services & Healthy Homes|
|Location:||National City, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Temporary Full Time|
Under supervision, will perform weatherization duties on residences of eligible recipients and provide on-site direction to new employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Prepare job sites implementing weatherization lead safe work practices.
- Cleanup job sites using proper disposal methods.
- Provide hands on training to Weatherization I & II workers at work sites.
- Extensive carpentry.
- Drywall installation and repair.
- Roof shingling and repair.
- Install doors.
- Perform entrance door modification.
- Install weather-stripping.
- Prepare attics for installing turbine vents and insulation.
- Perform glass/window work.
- Apply glaze, caulk, silicone.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms.
- Install water saving devices.
- Install switch/outlet gaskets.
- Perform pipe wrap work.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, services and repairs to all equipment.
- Other related program duties as assigned
- Ability to read work orders, perform mathematical calculations in relation to job duties.
- Ability to document completed work orders (including costs for parts and labor).
- Must be able to identify construction materials from written and verbal instructions
- Must have lead safe work practices training
- Physically able to lift minimum of 100 pounds.
- Physically able to perform repetitive bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, dependable, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a highly stressful environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with staff.
- High school diploma or GED; AND
- Five (5) years related work experience an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Must have a physical examination, TB and vaccination clearance as required by state and federal regulations and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic designated by MAAC prior to the first day of employment.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.