Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a post-secondary education company (see https://www.gce.com/) providing administrative and curriculum services to university partners such as Grand Canyon University and Orbis Education.
This job position entails joining a web design and development team called Academic Web Services within GCE to build custom web apps. Academic Web Services is a close-knit team that constructs and maintains a wide variety of applications using the latest web technologies. Were passionate about web design and development and are focused on delivering quality products to our customers in a team setting driven by strong culture and a good working atmosphere.
We are interested in hiring web developers at all levels of experience. Requirements below reflect the minimum experience level.
- Experience: 1+ year(s) of frontend or backend web development experience
- Work: Must have sample code available for view
- Code and maintain responsive, accessibility web apps using:
- Docker Containers
- Work independently or as a member of project teams
- Write readable, git-versioned, maintainable and reliable code.
- Work on a variety of projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Solve problems and make decisions with attention to detail
- Ensure tasks and projects are completed on schedule
- Forecast time required for project completion
- Provide application support during planned and unplanned maintenance windows
- Meet both departmental standards and customer expectations
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills including verbal, written, and active listening
- Stay abreast of current concepts, techniques, and technologies
- Actively pursue and engage in professional development opportunities
- Provide a positive example to partner institution students by supporting Grand Canyon Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCEs staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.