The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Welcome Desk Associate
Location: Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center - Phoenix Az
STATUS: Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Welcome Desk Associate will provide optimal customer service by greeting and directing all visitors in a friendly and professional manner, directing e-mail and telephone inquiries to appropriate program staff. This position will handle merchandise and concession sales and requires the ability to accurately handle cash, make change and operate frontline computer software. The Welcome Desk Associate will provide Kroc center orientation tours to prospective members and general public. This position is responsible for maintaining the orderliness of the Community Center Management System, keeping the area clean and neatly arranged at all times.
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum one-year cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- High attention to detail and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively without supervision and demonstrate a professional approach to problem solving.
- Proficient computer software and typing skills required.
- Service-oriented team player with the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Possess customer service skills to include complaint resolution principles, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving and crisis situations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to carry out multiple tasks efficiently.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must maintain a non-judgmental attitude while working with customers, clients, and/or members of staff.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED required.
- Required to pass a criminal background check.
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Welcome Desk Associate
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.