Saint Louis, MO, United States
Welders - 1st & 2nd Shift - Full-Time & Part-time
Titan Tube Fabricators is seeking Welders for 1st and 2nd shift. Starting pay up to $17 per hour with an attendance bonus. Full & Part-Time opportunities available!
Eligible Employees Receive:
· Health, dental, vision & life insurance
· Paid holidays
· Paid Vacations
· Profit sharing
· 401k with match to full-time employees
· Attendance Bonuses
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
· Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by engineer.
· Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
· Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
· Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
· Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
· Positions and clamps workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixtures.
· Selects torch, torch tip, filler ford and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material.
· Tacks assemblies together.
· Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
· Cleans or de-greases parts.
· Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
· Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of welding area.
· Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
· Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
· Must be able to read a tape measure.
· Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
· Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances.
· Must be able to identify and measure material.
About Titan Tube:
For over thirty-five years, Titan Tube has been fabricating tubular components for very diverse industries. These industries include lawn and garden, automotive, exercise equipment, children's play systems, furniture, and many others. Centrally located in Saint Louis, Missouri with 120,000 square feet of manufacturing space, Titan is the source for steel products for customers ranging from small accounts to Fortune 500 companies worldwide.