Bloomin' Brands is seeking a Build and Deployment Engineer to provide engineering support and subject matter expertise in the modernization and expansion of our Windows workstation / Server, Point of Sale, and Virtual Machine Infrastructure Operating System (OS) golden images.
Knowledge in the creation of golden images that provides our environment with a process to build and deploy images supporting our restaurants and Restaurant Support Center. This person must be a technology advocate that enjoys staying up to date, and delivering a product that meets compliance, security, and technology standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, And Key Accountabilities
- Windows operating system deployment engineering expertise, including user profile management and Windows OS pre-deployment preparation - OS deployment image development expertise.
- Experience in creating gold image, scripting, local / group policy, CIS benchmark standards, staging and configuration processes.
- Proven experience with deployment platform technologies (Microsoft Intune, SCCM, Tanium).
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation.
- Design, build and rollout appropriate Windows OS on par with industry standards for all the versions of windows in the environment.
- Modern scripting capability with PowerShell (preferred).
- Understanding of ITIL framework specifically in Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release and Deployment, etc.
- Develop a measurable objectives plan with clear measurement of progress and status updates on overall program health to leadership.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate in both business and technical terminology based on the situation and the audience.
- Partners well with others; proven ability to foster collaboration among team members and across teams.
- Natural technical aptitude with continual personal advancement in learning and applying newest cloud technologies, updates, and methodologies.
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills and keeping projects on track and progressing.
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, IT or a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in a Technical Engineering role.
- Should possess knowledge of Image building, Task Sequencing, and troubleshooting of OS deployments.