Silver Spring, MD
Wire Transfer Assistant Manager
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Responsible for ensuring that both internal and client requests for wire transfers are processed accurately. Responsible for staff support, development and leadership to department. Manage the Wire Specialist team and oversee daily operations, including client and peer interactions, ensuring that the staff is productive and client-focused while ensuring procedures are maintained and fraud detection protocols are constantly updated and followed. Ensures quality service and effective operations to support all functions within the Wire Transfer operations. Administers corporate policies and procedures and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensures compliance with Bank Secrecy Act and all rules and regulations as warranted for this position.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential - meaning that employees in this role are required to work during normal business hours even when their normal worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the companys Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recovery, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has supervisory responsibility for Wire function.
- Ensures that all departmental policies and procedures are adhered to mitigate risk to the Bank and to our customers.
- Ensures the department responds in a timely manner to both internal and external customer requests for support
- Monitors departmental compliance with established Service-Level Agreements for all relevant processes within department. Works closely with internal/external clients to continuously pursue improvement in service levels.
- Anticipates internal and external factors impacting the Wire Transfer function and implement plans to mitigate risks to the Bank and to our customers.
- Supervise the performance of departmental reconciliations.
- Identifies issues/risks, and process gaps.
- Assists the team in processing wires when needed; ensures that team workload is managed daily, using experience, judgment, and statistical analysis of volume arrival patterns in times of high volume or staffing shortages.
- Evaluates staff performance and provides feedback via formal and informal discussions on a frequent basis
- Provides support, coaching and leadership to department.
- Manages and/or escalates performance issues; partners with Human Resources to properly address/document corrective action issues and warnings
- Performs duties as needed to assist division management and other areas of the organization.
- High School Diploma
- 5 years of banking operations experience. A minimum of 3 years leadership in Wire Transfer Operations preferred
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- College degree preferred
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- Knowledge and proficiency in core banking system experience; FIS/ Integrated Banking System (IBS) strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of and experience with wire system, eWire strongly preferred.